Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Pizza Hut, A Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut




Sorry for letting everyone down and not posting yesterday.  Sheesh...don't I deserve a day off??  Well really I didn't post because we really didn't do anything very exciting yesterday.  I went to school and ended up teaching only one lesson all day.  The other part of the day we just sat around and goofed off.  Even watched Pride and Prejudice on someone else's laptop at one point.  So yesterday= uneventful for the most part.  Except for the small WWIII b/w my host mom and my host sister...that was fun.  Mother/daughter fights sound similar in other countries too!
So today was a bit more eventful.  Going to try and get some pics up here.  So at school I taught three lessons!!!  Wahoo!! One fifth grade class, and two sixth grade.  The fifth grade class we did a lesson on The Emporer's New Clothes and in 6th grade we talked about what we thought life would be like in the year 2050.  After we finished teaching we participated in the national past time here....ping pong!  So I have to say I am a very serious ping pong player and always win....ok that was a huge lie.  I am really quite terrible.  I played against a student, and I think they were laughing at me.  But then again, I think they are always laughing at us.  So after school, the best part of the day...well we had to do something sort of scary before we got to the best part of the day.  A taxi ride during rush hour traffic!!! It was really quite terrifying.  Then the driver would not take us to the exact place and we had to run across this busy road.  Ok Mom...don't freak out I'm still alive.  So we get to the median and it has a bunch of bushes.  Well I have on a skirt and got a bit stuck in the bushes.  It was really quite comical.  Well we got me unstuck and finished running across the road and made it to our destination.  Back to the Japanese mall and....can you guess?? PIZZA HUT!!! Where I got to order my favorite thing in the whole world, Cheese pan pizza.  And luckily I had a better experience here than KFC because it tasted just like home.  After we ate dinner we walked around the mall a bit and then after a less eventful taxi ride home we made it all safe and sound.  I just got to my room and it feels like a furnace.  After the extreme cold weather last week, it is really hot this week....so I opened my cool little screen door and all is well now.  Anyways, off to bed now.  Tomorrow is Sports Day!! Which I think is sort of similar to Field Day in America.  We shall see... 

2 comments:

Krystian said...

That is a fancy looking Pizza Hut
:OP

Anonymous said...

I know I'm behind on your blog posts, but this reminded me of India. They had a Pizza Hut in India and they had sporadic moments of choreographed dances for the servers...THAT was awesome!