Today, we started out our day at school with a special program. It was international day and each of the classes sang a song. And then at the end, they made us sing! We got up in front of all the elementary school students and danced to a song similar to the Cha Cha Slide called Cupid Slide. The students were very excited and we ended up getting a sort of mosh pit as they ran up to the stage. Tonight we are going to sing Karaoke to celebrate one of the girls birthdays. I am so excited! Tomorrow is a holiday here so the students will not be in school. We are going on a trip to some Gardens and then on Saturday we are going to the mountains! So it might be a couple of days before I can post again. I have added some pictures of me in the market yesterday and of the students during the opening ceremony and will add more of the festival later. Enjoy! Miss you guys!!!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
It's.......Thursday!!!!!!!!!
Hey everyone!!! China is going great. I am discovering and learning so many new things. Yesterday, was our first day at the school. The school gave us a welcome ceremony where we each had to introduce ourselves in front of the whole school on the play ground. Before the ceremony the students did their morning exercises. They do kung fu on the play ground. It's like a really big track like thing. Hard to explain. The school has over 3000 students!!! They are everywhere and very loud. It has been very interesting observing them in their classes. Everyday from 12-2, the school has a siesta. The students just get to run around and do whatever they want. Then they start playing music and they start running back to their classes. It is amazing how much independence the students have at such a young age. Yesterday afternoon, we went shopping around the college at the market. I had to get a new book bag because I lost mine on they way here somehow. Only me... But the one I got was only $3 american dollars!!! Have I mentioned I love China??? Shopping was very exciting and wore me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So i just started reading your blog. maybe i'll get caught up before you get home. Hope everything is going great! :)
Speaking of book bag... hehehehe
Post a Comment