Monday, January 31, 2011

Only 5 periods




Ok, short post because I am avoiding grad school homework and just had a moment of hah, that'd make a good post.

I have moments all the time that would make excellent posts. It's just too bad that I don't have time to write anything. I promise when grad school is over... only 89 days til graduation. "I think I can, I think I can..."

Anyways, here I sit attempting to write a "Policy Analysis Paper." Wow, um no idea. Don't ask me I have no clue what I'm doing. First time I think I've ever felt that a class is about 10 feet above my head. I just don't get the picture, or maybe it's the disinterest in policy making and the government. Who knows. Maybe I'd be a little more interested in the government if they stopped furloughing us all the time. But then again maybe not.

Oh yeah, back to my story. So poor little kiddos have been getting a lot of busy work lately while I attempt to do 2 reading assessments on each kid. Let's just say we are on week 2 of that and we are all ready to scream our heads off. The little munchkins have had the task of writing a story start to finish without any help on the topic "What I'd do if I had a million dollars for the day." Today at school, my little "Roo," remember the Pooh names I gave them at the beginning of the year? They still live up to them.   Anyways, Roo has been working on this story for a couple of days now and looks at me today with a sincere, extremely confused look on his face. "Ms. Geer! I'm done but It's just so weird, there are only 5 periods."

So right now I'm right there with you little Roo. I'm staring at this paper that I've been attempting to write for two days and wonder how could there only be 5 periods.

Maybe if you are lucky, I'll avoid this paper more later and give you my story of what was "popped" during the middle of the spelling test on Friday and what was put in a "cup" on the bus last week that someone got written up for. You just may not want to know...

*Note...I am sure there are grammatical issues in this posting, but I don't care because I don't have time to reread it. My current editor is away right now.

No comments: